CygSuite 5.2 Release
Oct 19th, 2009
New Features in Maestro 5.2
Improvements for Integration with Newsroom Systems
- Maestro can now receive and display metadata, update the newsroom system of item status, select MOS rundowns, and receive notification of MOS updates.
- Maestro now supports the newsroom systems; Norcom, Sobey, Dalet+, Annova Open Media,and Dayang, in additional to Avid iNews, AP ENPS, and Octopus.
Support for Studio Automation Systems
- The following studio automation systems are now supported; Avid ControlAir, Ross Overdrive, Dalet and Sobey. Maestro supports varying unique ID lengths for 32 byte protocols.
- Possible integration with traffic systems (Mediagenix) and automation systems based on ActiveX (Pebble Beach and SGT).
- Multiple automation sources can control the same Maestro station.
- Maestro can now be controlled by GPIO (play item ID / preview selected / clear output), and can send GPIO triggers to external devices. This feature requires a GPIO board.
- The new ClipRecorder module allows browsing Maestro templates and creating rendered clips in a chosen format. ClipRecorder must be used with the Orad framegrabber card. This option bridges the gap between real-time and post-production, and allows the use of Maestro graphics by other NLE platforms.
Extended GAM Support
- Extended support for GAM now enables browsing and searching assets stored in Cinegy (images and videos). Maestro users can browse and search for ingested assets, preview them, and assign them to items. Assets are ingested and catalogued using Cinegy Media Desktop. This tool enhances asset organization in large projects, where multiple users access large amounts of information. (Requires GAM.)
Basic Image Editing Tool
- When an image is selected to be added to an item, you now have the option of modifying it directly in Maestro and related applications, including the NRCS plugin. (The available options for editing are: crop, resize, brightness, saturation, contrast, gamma, hue, sharpness and lightness).
- Metadata can be assigned to all different types of assets. The metadata is searchable with advanced filters. (Requires GAM.)
Video Clip Preview
- Video clips assigned to objects can now be previewed in Maestro.
New features in 3Designer
Setting Object Interactivity
- 3Designer 3.6 supports touch-screen interactivity, that requires further manipulationin the 3DPlay controller application.
- A new type of geometry has been added, to enable the display of particles. The Particle Emitter object is in the Misc. folder. This object has many adjustable parameters, such as speed, color, lifetime, etc.
Multiple Internal Connections to a Single Parameter
- You can now create up to nine internal connections from separate parameters to the same parameter in a single object. This enhancement streamlines the use of different parameter values from different objects by one parameter in a single object.
New Options for Applying Textures
- 3Designer 3.6 enables applying layers and scenes to an object as a texture, and allows you to apply up to three textures (of any type) to an object. The entire user interface has been improved to reflect all texture possibilities, both existing and new.
- A layer can be applied as a texture on the surface of an object in another layer, in the same scene. For more information, see Layer Textures.
- A saved scene can be applied as a texture on the surface of an object in a different scene.
- The Animation View window has been expanded, and now allows you to view animations curves, to allow more intuitive authoring for acceleration/deceleration, and also to manipulate the animation range, for improved looping implementation.